Part Time is Plenty
February 23 @ 6:00 pm - March 16 @ 7:00 pmFree
Along with the vestry and interested leadership of your parish, you are invited to join a book club with Canon Michelle Bolt.
If your parish is working with part-time clergy leadership or considering a move to part-time clergy leadership, or if your parish is in transition and planning for a healthy long-term relationship with your next part-time clergy, this book club is for YOU!
Together we will spend four Tuesdays from 6:00-7:00 pm Eastern meeting by zoom to discuss the book Part-Time is Plenty by G. Jeffrey MacDonald.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Hear from other churches and clergy who are navigating transition in the current clergy landscape
- Collaborate with other leaders in churches who face similar challenges to the ones your vestry faces
- Encourage one another and celebrate your own successes
- Plan for the future and to establish healthy patterns in your parish for long-term parish stability
- Consider creative ideas for your church’s transition
We will meet on February 23, March 2, March 9, and March 16. The first meeting will be introductions as well as an introduction to the book, then we will read two chapters per week after that. Each week, you will leave with a set of questions to use to initiate good conversations within your own vestries, parish leadership groups, and ministry contexts.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.